Services on offer
Dr. Woolfson has a unique approach to the practice of psychiatric care. As a multi-disciplinarian he has the experience to successful combine techniques from across the spectrum of psychiatry, different forms of psychotherapy and cognitive approaches.
Dr. Woolfson is in private practise and sees patients at his consulting rooms within
30 Weymouth Street, in the centre of London. He also offers online video consultation via a number of different platforms.
Dr. Woolfson has a reputation for the precise diagnosis of illness, across the total psychiatric spectrum. He is often consulted for second opinions in complicated diagnostic cases, where a differentiation between non-psychiatric and psychiatric disorder is required.
If you want to find a Psychiatrist, it is important to make an informed decision. More than most medical specialties, the rapport you build with your psychiatrist is important.
Dr. Woolfson’s skills cover the management and treatment of the whole range of mental health problems. These include:
- anxiety, tension and phobic states
- obsessional illness
- depressive illness
- Post traumatic stress disorders
- marital and sexual problems
- personality problems and disorders
- drug, alcohol and gambling addiction problems
- major psychoses – for example schizophrenia and bipolar disorders
- anger management and adjustment disorders
- the provision of forensic expert opinion and the preparation of world class medico – legal reports
- Eating disorders – bulimia and anorexia nervosa
- Hypnosis for the treatment of mild addiction such as smoking
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Experience as a child Psychiatrist
Dr. Woolfson has been trained in the principles of dynamic and analytic psychotherapy and also uses cognitive behaviour therapy. For many years he has practised group psychotherapy and when necessary utilises conjoint marital therapy.
His approach to patients is holistic and each person is assessed as an individual, in their unique context both culturally and psychologically. His specialist knowledge of general medicine and neurology allows him to assess the totality of each person’s circumstances so that potential medical illness is fully taken into account when making a diagnosis.
Dr. Woolfson is highly experienced in the use of modern psychotropic drugs, where appropriate. In addition he is also a trained hypnotist. A certain number of patients who are acutely ill and unable to conduct everyday life, are admitted under his care to appropriate hospital settings either as day patients or as in-patients, where they remain under his direct care and supervision.